Sunday, March 13, 2011

Plants!

So a week or so ago, I had finally managed to clean out our old dead potted herbs along our kitchen window sill. We originally tried growing herbs in Sumisoil. Those are the little red beads you see in the photo. I didn't really like it so we let those herbs rot and die. I like the idea of dirt more so I bought some a bag at Dollarama for $0.50 and sprinkled in a few Sumisoil beads to help maintain the moisture in the plant. This was maybe a week after planting. 
Then in a matter of 2 days, I came to the window sill to find this! 
I was ecstatic!!! We get a lot of sun at our kitchen window and boy does this little pot like it. Another 2 days go by and today I came home to this!!! 
You can tell which way the pot was facing. Look at all those lovely little sprouts leaning towards the glorious sun! We planted two pots. One has thai basil and the other has cilantro. I'm really not sure which one this is. The other pot is really sad. Take a look. 
If you click the picture and zoom in, you'll see the tiniest little speck of green starting to poke out. This one is definitely stunted. I'll keep you posted on the progress of my little window sill garden! 

No comments: