Whole Wheat Coconut Oil Vegan Scones
Original recipe from Gimmesomeoven.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unmelted coconut oil (solid)
- 3/4 cup vegan milk (coconut, soy, rice etc.)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Cut in the solid coconut oil with a pastry cutter/blender or forks.
3. Mix in the milk and combine until a dough forms.
4. Turn dough out, flatten into a 1/2" layer and cut out rounds.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until barely golden (I couldn't get mine quite golden without over baking).