Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Breakfast!

Christmas is always such a busy time full of gatherings with friends and family. It's the time of year to gain a few extra pounds but luckily (if you'd like to call it that) I've been sick a total of 5 times since October. 2 colds, 2 bouts of nausea/vomiting and 1 nasty flu. All of that has allowed me to eat lots this holiday season and LOSE WEIGHT! That's right, I've actually lost about 5 pounds. =) Not the best way to lose weight but I'll take it. It's not as though I can tell my body to not suck and get a better immune system. Today I finally caved in and bought a big bucket of Cold FX for $50 at Costco. Now fingers crossed that I remember to take it everyday! This Christmas, all of our family gatherings worked out really well. On Christmas morning we had breakfast at my parents house. We made waffles with berries and whipped cream and bacon. I used the waffle recipe from Julie's blog but just left out the savory items. We still have 1/2 a jug of buttermilk left so Jamie and I will have waffles again for breakfast tomorrow(likely lunch cuz I'll be sleeping in).