Who doesn't love a fresh, warm baked bun with their dinner? I was searching online and found this simple recipe at Taste of Home. It's quick to make and tastes oh so fabulous with a bowl of turkey chili.
- 2-2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour (You can substitute in 1 cup of whole wheat flour)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 package (1/4 oz) of quick-rise yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup of warm water
- 2 tablespoons plus 4 teaspoons of melted butter (divided)
- 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
1. In a large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups of flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add water and 2 tablespoons of melted butter, beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in cheese and remaining flour to form a soft dough.
2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 4-6 minutes. Cover and let it rest for 10 minutes. Then divide into 13 portions, forming each one into a ball. Place them into a greased or lined 13" round pan and let them rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
3. Preheat oven to 375 F. Bake 11-14 minutes or until golden brown. Combine honey, the remaining melted butter and garlic salt and brush over rolls.
(I don't find the cheese adds any extra flavor so I skip the cheese.)